Constructed in two phases between 1906 and 1908, this commercial block, previously known as the Graham Horne Building, became the Bank of Toronto Building in 1953 and the Toronto Dominion Building in 1955. It was in the heart of the once-thriving Fort William business community. The current owners restored the building in 2008, retaining many original features.
We purchased the building in April of 2007, with the dream of restoring this "grand dame" and bringing her back to her former glory. It was a year long labour of love and our dream became a reality.
Today we have 15 commercial tenants in our Caledonia Building.
We are strong believers in rejuvenating the downtown core of Fort William. Every city goes through this as the big box stores move in; then the original downtown areas need to be reinvented.
This needs to be done in collaboration with the City and the local businesses.
We are pleased to have made a start to bringing new life back to this area with our building...that's how it happens just one building at a time!
Rhea & Phil Crook